Where to look for industry data?
I have been a Green Building Advisor member for several years and used advice from this community to build an Earthcraft Platinum home.
I am hoping that you can help me to locate some information for a work-related project.
One of my clients has engaged me to write a white paper for a new sheathing product that has an integral water and air barrier. My audience is architects, builders, and specifiers who primarily serve the commercial market.
I would like to reference industry data on the following:
– Percentage of buildings where the water and/or air detailing was not done correctly
– Costs for remedial work when water is able to enter the structure
– Costs for remedial work when air (with or without vapor) is able to enter the structure
– Liability to architects, builders, specifiers when specified sheathing and water and air barriers fail
– Health and comfort consequences for building occupants when water and air infiltrate a structure
– Mandates for building tighter, more efficient commercial buildings
No doubt my audience knows that water and air infiltration is a bad thing, but it would be nice to support this statement with a few relevant data points. If you can share a few links, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part