XPS on exterior walls

user-956348 | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

I’m considering buying a house built with 2×4 walls and fiberglass batts. I want to install XPS on the exterior walls to add “R” value to the walls and reduce thermal bridging. My question is – is it necessary to remove and reset all the windows and doors to accommodate the additional wall thickness or is there a way to NOT remove the windows and flash them so they don’t leak? I need help on this one. Is there a construction detail I could use?

2. user-956348 | | #2

Thank You - I knew this wasn't a NEW problem, I just didn't know where to look.

Alan,
    No problem. If you have further (specific) questions, feel free to post them here.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |