Bathroom efficiencies: Is there something we’ve missed?
So we are rebuilding a bathroom here’s some of the efficiences that are planned:
* Water sense shower & faucets
* Dual flush toilet (not water sense). We want it to be wall hung we have only found Toto Aquias
* Exhaust routed via ERV with humidistat trigger and timer
* A heat recovery drain for the shower
* Delta Touch 20 faucet to be able to touch control the water and hopefully waste less water especially hot water (and battery operated to avoid phantom loads).
* Two level CFL lighting
* 1.5″ of XPS on ceiling before putting new gypsum board (as attic has limited capacity for upgrades). Didn’t want to use polyiso in bathroom because it soaks water.
* Also a lot of recycled materials
Hot water is from solar thermal. Electricity is from PV.
If there’s any area we’ve missed please advise, especially in terms of efficiency.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part