Bonfiglioli Wall Advice
Hello, I am finalizing some details for a Bonfiglioli wall system on a build in Vermont, zone 6B. For the rigid foam furring strips, I have decided to use 1-1/2″ Zip R that will be ripped into 1-1/2″ strips at studs and 3″ strips at corners. This is to act as the substitute for the traditional 1-1/2″ rigid nailed to 1×3 furring. From exterior to interior, the wall system will be as follows.
– LP Smartside lap siding
– 1×4 strapping / rainscreen
– 7/16″ Zip sheathing
– 2×6 wall @ 16″ O.C.
– 1-1/2″ x 1/2″ & 1-1/2″ x 3″ Zip R furring
– Rockwool R30 batt insulation
– 1/2″ drywall
Wanted to know if anyone has built a wall system similar to this, whether exact or hybrid to how I’m thinking. Also was looking for some advice on additional detailing and concerns such as:
– With the use of 1-1/2″ ZIP R for furring, will compressing the R30 Rockwool to fit in the wall cavity be problematic?
– Will a plastic vapor retarder be needed on the inside face of the exterior wall? or can proper paint on drywall bypass this?
– Will the strips of ZIP R provide enough support for the drywall?
– Will the use of 7/16″ ZIP wall sheathing be a good fit with this assembly? (want to limit potential moisure problems with a cold sheathing)
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part