GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Can you connect a bubble up raydon system to the air system?

maglady | Posted in Building Code Questions on

An air system was already installed for radon when we purchased our house. We had a water system installed after (bubble up) and the installer said he could run the water system vent into the air vent. We just had the bubble up serviced by another company and was told what the first guy did was illegal and it will cost $4 to $500 to fix it. Just trying to find out if it is legal to do it.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. user-2310254 | | #1

    I'm not familiar with this system, but the manual does not say you cannot share a vent line. That said, the existing line may not be properly sized or pitched for the Bubble Up unit. It's also possible that the existing radon pipes might provide a way for the radon exhaust to enter your home.

    If it were me, I would check with my local code enforcement office and probably also seek out a fresh opinion from a well-regarded installer.

  2. maglady | | #2

    Thank you so much for the quick response. I will call my town hall. Have a great night!

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |