Continous Rock Wool insulation and an outie window
Greeting to all,
I am a owner (old) and builder ( learning how to do it right). I am struggling with the instructions on waterproofing and installation of outie windows utilizing continuous rock wool insulation.
1. 2×6 construction
2. Zip sheeting for shear and WRB
3. 2 inch continuous Rock Wool exterior insulation
4. Furring strips
5. Rain shield
6. Cladding ( thickness to be determined.)
1. I want to use Zip tape and zip wall to form the buck. ( does this work?)
2. I assume tape will not adhere to the Rock Wool. So can I use Liquid flashing for water control between the rock wool and the buck?
3. Do I make the pan to overlap the Zip sheeting or extend it to overlap the Rock Wool to the rain barrier?
This is where I an confused. I have reviewed the sequence in GBA and BSC.
Thanks for your assistance and advice.
BTW- this is Garage with a living space on the second floor. I am learning in the garage portion before I try the living space.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part