Seeking Opinions on Insulation Package
I have poured a lot of time into planning our insulation with a little bit of my own experience, a lot of reading and some input from our insulation contractor. I’m just hoping for a bit of confirmation (or not) that what we have come up with is a solid and well-balanced insulation plan.
Background: Climate Zone 4 (St. Louis), 1.5 Story New Construction. Materials – ZIP-R3 wall sheathing, ZIP roof sheathing), 2×6 wall framing, vented attic via soffits and ridge. Builder is targeting 2ACH 50, will be verified by ASERusa blower door. Full basement with 2in Type 9 EPS under slab. Note the ZIP-R3 covers the rim joist.
– Accessible ceiling: R49 blown-in fiberglass
– Inaccessible ceiling: R49 kraft-faced fiberglass
– All framed exterior walls: R23 Blown-in fiberglass
– Rim joists: 2″ Closed Cell + R19 Unfaced Fiberglass
– Finished Basement walls: 1.5″ Closed Cell + R13 Unfaced Fiberglass
– Unfinished Basement walls: R19 Basement Batts
– Top plates: 1″ closed cell with top plate gasket
Thanks all for your review!
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part