Job Posting: Lead Carpenter
GBA contributor Josh Salinger is seeking a lead carpenter to work with his team at Birdsmouth Design-Build in Portland, OR. I told him it would be smart to post the job description here (see below; contact Birdsmouth for full description). Josh and his team do high-quality, thoughtful work and their mission-driven ethos is one I admire. Check it out and spread the word:
Birdsmouth Design-Build, national leaders in the high-performance design and construction industry, seeks an experienced Lead Carpenter to join our team. We are looking for a highly skilled craftsperson who shares our mission of addressing the climate crisis through the built environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most energy efficient and low carbon new construction homes in the country.
Along with generous compensation, benefits include:
- Health, Dental and Vision including alternative care
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual tool/education allowance
- Cell phone and mileage reimbursement
- Professional Development assistance
- AFLAC benefits
- Continuing education in building science and the latest high performance construction techniques
Most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team of dedicated, mission-driven professionals, with a company ethos of equity, mutual respect, and professionalism.
You will have the support of a dedicated site manager and a project manager who will endeavor to get you all the resources you need to excel and focus on what you do best. You will have regular opportunities to contribute to the design process on the projects you work on. You will have opportunities to connect with leading practitioners on a national level.
- 10 years construction field experience necessary
- Creativity will be prioritized
- Advanced framing and ‘Air Barrier First’ framing knowledge a plus
- Systems thinking throughout all phases of construction
- Efficiencies through intellect vs. speed
- Advanced ability to execute all frame to finish carpentry tasks at a high level
- Independent and self motivated. Takes pride in craft
- Team player who sees the benefit of fostering relationships
- Someone who prioritizes lifelong learning and teaching of the next generation of tradespeople
Moving from out of state? Relocation bonus is available, please inquire.
Black, Indigenous, and people of color are encouraged to apply. All genders welcome.
Please send resume along with cover letter to [email protected]
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part