Location recommendations for minisplit heads
I know it’s been asked many times, but would appreciate suggestions on locating the head units for two minisplits in my ‘pretty good house’. I have attached the floorplan. Some things to note on the house:
– Climate Zone 6b, southcentral Montana
– majority of windows are on the east side for the river view
– windows and doors are double-pane. South windows are high SGHC for solar gain
– first floor concrete slab
– underslab = R20, walls = R40, roof = R60, windows = R4
The intention is to have one unit on the first floor to provide the majority of heating and another on the second floor to provide cooling. I will likely go with the Fujitsu cold weather units.
I have strongly considered a floor-mount unit on the first floor, perhaps along the NE or SE corners to direct heat along the east wall, but not sure how to drain condensation with a floor mount and slab. Any ideas on that? The second floor would be a wall mount, near the ceiling.
many thanks, all