Non-toxic laminate brands?

Kara English | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

After MUCH consideration and debate, we have decided to go with laminate flooring for our home. I know this isn’t the “greenest” choice, but it is the right choice for us (budget, wear, etc.). We would like 12 mm laminate that mimics the look of an oil finished gray-brown oak hardwood. We would like to find something a little more matte and not too slippery. But most importantly we want a brand we can trust that is committed to low VOC and formaldehyde free. We would also like something made in the US, Canada, or Europe (NOT China). Anyone have any recommendations? If wasn’t easy to come to this decision, so your advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Kara,
    Flooring is labeled with the country of origin. If it's made in the U.S., Canada, or Europe (rather than China), I wouldn't worry about it. Check the flooring box before you buy.

2. Steve Knapp CZ 3A Georgia | | #2

Have you considered cork flooring? I installed some in my basement, and it is fairly consistent in appearance to my wax oil hardwood flooring. This product is sold at HD and is low VOC and CARB 2 compliant.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |