Tstud Framing and Zip-R Sheathing

Greg Houston | Posted in General Questions on

Saw a recent Instagram post from Matt Risinger showing using T-studs and Zip-R sheathing. Seems like excessive cost without return to me. Either/or is sufficient no?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUiaR-uDjfh/

1. Patrick OSullivan | | #1

> Seems like excessive cost without return to me. Either/or is sufficient no?

Excessive and sufficient are relative terms, but I would agree there are likely more economical ways to achieve a similarly performing wall.

Also, the idea of combining two rare products is a nightmare to me. It only works if you're framing in house or use the same assembly over and over.

Malcolm Taylor | | #2

Greg,

Like you I'd just pick one product to reduce thermal bridging, but Matt has a different client-base and agenda.

3. Greg Houston | | #3

That's what I thought. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |