GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

What type of baseboard is this?

ranson | Posted in Mechanicals on

Can you tell from external appearances what types of hydronic baseboard radiators I’m looking at? I suspect it’s a mix of cast-iron and slant-fin, based on how recently the area was renovated.

Sorry for the lousy photos. I’ll hopefully get in for better photos sometime soon.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. Jon_Harrod | | #1

    Yes, I agree. Photos 1, 3, and 5 show cast iron radiators. Burnham still makes a similar product. The other two are fin-tube baseboards, technically convectors.

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |