Window Selection

kenmoremmm | Posted in PassivHaus on

I’m trying to narrow down my choices between windows. We’re looking at triple pane windows for an ICF build in CZ6B in Canada. I’m down to Innotech and Westeck, plus some fixed windows from Litezone.

Innotech seems to have a good reputation, but I’m not certain the tilt and turn is best for us. Westeck seems to be the same type of product as Innotech, with similar performance, but I haven’t found too many people using and reviewing it. However, the thing I like about Westeck is that they have casement windows (the crank kind) that have triple point locking mechanisms and swing out, instead of in. I’ve never really liked casement, but I think I like it better than the idea of tilt and turn windows since you’ll never use the turn part b/c your interior window sill will be occupied, or you don’t want to smack into a window that’s sticking into your house by 2-3ft…

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |