Climate Zone 5: concrete slab remodel insulation strategy
What would you recommend for insulation strategy for a remodel that has an existing uninsulated concrete slab for a walk out basement?
– maximum ceiling height (current cement to joist pre finished is 93-inch)
– air tight well insulated house (r-60 roof and r-50 walls)
– engineered hardwood floor in walk out basement
The Walk out basement will be wrapped with 15-mil Stego vapor barrier prior to finishing.
The current thought is (from top down):
– 1/2″ Engineered Hardwood
– 1/2″ advantech subfloor
– 1″ Neopor GPS – graphite polystyrene rigid foam
– 15mil Stego vapor barrier
– existing uninsulated concrete
Thanks for your insight and recommendations!
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part