Is there a foam insulation product safe for chemically sensitive persons?

Arlene DiMarino | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I am in the process of building a home and am chemically sensitive. For insulation we are using a BIBs fiberglass system with 2×6 construction. We would like to seal out any cracks with some type of foam but I don’t want to have PBDE’s or chlorinated flame retardants if possible.

1. Riversong | | #1

I doubt that you will find any spray foam that does not have some toxicity. Even the latex spray foams use petrochemical propellants.

You may have to use a good quality latex caulk, but I would suggest checking the MSDS for any product.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |