New Green Basics page
When we built GBA a few years ago, we wanted to produce an information resource for everybody. Something that would help you get from where you are to where you want to be in Green building, remodeling, and design.
We wanted to help all – builders and remodelers, architects and designers, code officials, consumers, product manufacturers – anyone who wanted to take their game to the next level.
To that end, we created a navigation tab called Green Basics. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to really build up a great Green Basics area on the deadline and budget that we had to work with, so we lumped our Green Primer, our glossary, and our Green Building Encyclopedia list of articles to that Green Basics landing page. We have never been very satisfied with this approach.
Today we flipped the switch on a new Green Basics landing page that ought to help beginners ease their way into better building, remodeling, and design. If you are a building pro looking to up your game, begin here. If you are a seasoned green building pro, send your customers here to answer their questions (our handy web site saves you time!).
Featured on the Green basics page:
1. A rotator which will feature Green Houses, News stories, blogs, product reviews, etc
2. Green Building Primer: 20 Questions and 20 Answers
3. Popular Construction Topics – currently this links to popular articles on GBA. In the coming weeks, we will roll out individual Construction Tpoics collection pages that will feature everything we have on particular topics. Rather than make and update pages like the Ultimate Passive House Page of Links, we can build and update these pages dynamically. Bottom line: there will be a lot more of them and they will look better.
4. Blog block. This is different from the home page blog block in that it will be populated with basics, not deep, difficult stuff.
5. Q&A block
6. Detail Drawing free samples
7. Sample entries from the GreenSpec Product Guide
8. Project Planner, formerly known as Strategy Generator. This used to be available to members only, but we moved it in front of the pay wall. This is a nifty widget that helps you green up a project by giving a list of tips that can be incorporated into the workflow. The strategy generator still lives under the ‘Strategies & Details’ tab for now, but not for long. We will change that to ‘Detail Drawings’ soon and it will have a more appropriate landing page (currently hidden here).
9. Finally, the free downloads block from our home page also shows up here. It leads to a collection of white papers, special reports, and free CAD details.
We hope you like the new resource and as always, we welcome your feedback.
Thanks for supporting Green Building Advisor,
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part