Recommended sheathing tape width?

Norman Bunn | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

How wide should sheathing tape be to provide a quality air seal on OSB in CZ 3A? I am looking at 3M 8067, but am open to other options.

Norman

Norman,
    Taping OSB is tricky. I would use tape that is at least 3 inches wide if you can find it. Four inches wouldn't be too wide.

2. Joel Cheely | | #2

Try some first. I find that nothing stays stuck to regular osb for very long. My most recent experience is using 3m 8087.

3. Norman Bunn | | #3

Per info I got on the GBA site, I plan to pre-treat the OSB with 3M 90 contact adhesive, which has shown to greatly increase the grab of tapes on OSB.

4. User avatar
    Stephen Sheehy | | #4

For what it's worth, 3M 8067 sticks tenaciously to Advantek sheathing.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |