New Construction Venting, 2:12 metal shed roof at wall?

Planning my new home construction. Modern design 2:12 metal standing seam shed roofs.
Zone 5/B dry R-38 minimum, I want more. + Can get 4' snow.

All 3 roofs will include TJI's running full length from eve to top. 5/8" CDX sheathing, 30# roofing felt with Gracy's Ice & water shield at eves.

Center great room/ kitchen (36' deep x 28' wide) will be18' high at front of house & 12' at rear, easiest to vent.

Both bedroom wing roofs will slope away from the center great room. They will both join onto the outside walls of the great room below its 2' overhanging roof.

My concern is venting this low slope to wall intersection. I have googled & found several designs that would work if a bunch of snow was not piled up on them.

I'm thinking of building 1.5" verticle vent chutes into the exterior of the walls up to the soffits.

Ideas?

Asked by james patrick

1.

James,
Choose one of the commercial products designed for venting shed roofs that die into walls -- or design an unvented roof.

For information on insulating an unvented cathedral roof, see How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

The differences between mass and insulation

In Green products and materials | Asked by Nathaniel G | Sep 15, 14

Most cost-effective method for achieving 3 ACH 50?

In Green building techniques | Asked by Nick Sisler | Sep 17, 14

Tudor half-timber battens and exterior stucco — rainscreen assembly

In General questions | Asked by Ani Brown | Sep 17, 14

Has the Oak Ridge study on convective heat loss in blown fiberglass been updated to cover newer materials?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Neil Weinstock | Jul 21, 14

Liability insurance - what would that cover?

In General questions | Asked by George G | Sep 12, 14