New Construction Venting, 2:12 metal shed roof at wall?

Planning my new home construction. Modern design 2:12 metal standing seam shed roofs.
Zone 5/B dry R-38 minimum, I want more. + Can get 4' snow.

All 3 roofs will include TJI's running full length from eve to top. 5/8" CDX sheathing, 30# roofing felt with Gracy's Ice & water shield at eves.

Center great room/ kitchen (36' deep x 28' wide) will be18' high at front of house & 12' at rear, easiest to vent.

Both bedroom wing roofs will slope away from the center great room. They will both join onto the outside walls of the great room below its 2' overhanging roof.

My concern is venting this low slope to wall intersection. I have googled & found several designs that would work if a bunch of snow was not piled up on them.

I'm thinking of building 1.5" verticle vent chutes into the exterior of the walls up to the soffits.

Ideas?

Asked by james patrick
Posted Jan 23, 2013 4:41 PM ET

1.

James,
Choose one of the commercial products designed for venting shed roofs that die into walls -- or design an unvented roof.

For information on insulating an unvented cathedral roof, see How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

Posted Jan 23, 2013 5:33 PM ET

Attic ventilation needed for a 100-year-old slate roof in a coldish climate?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by slateandall | May 21, 18

Exterior Insulation on Cinder Block Walls

In Green building techniques | Asked by Jameson Taylor | May 18, 18

Spray foam from crawlspace onto bottom of plank subfloor in Pacific NW?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Frasca | May 21, 18

Water heater pad

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Norman Bunn | May 17, 18

Spray foam questions

In General questions | Asked by Stanger133 | May 20, 18