New Construction Venting, 2:12 metal shed roof at wall?

Planning my new home construction. Modern design 2:12 metal standing seam shed roofs.
Zone 5/B dry R-38 minimum, I want more. + Can get 4' snow.

All 3 roofs will include TJI's running full length from eve to top. 5/8" CDX sheathing, 30# roofing felt with Gracy's Ice & water shield at eves.

Center great room/ kitchen (36' deep x 28' wide) will be18' high at front of house & 12' at rear, easiest to vent.

Both bedroom wing roofs will slope away from the center great room. They will both join onto the outside walls of the great room below its 2' overhanging roof.

My concern is venting this low slope to wall intersection. I have googled & found several designs that would work if a bunch of snow was not piled up on them.

I'm thinking of building 1.5" verticle vent chutes into the exterior of the walls up to the soffits.

Ideas?

Asked by james patrick

1.

James,
Choose one of the commercial products designed for venting shed roofs that die into walls -- or design an unvented roof.

For information on insulating an unvented cathedral roof, see How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

How do deviations in average winter temperature affect energy consumption?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by norm farwell | Oct 24, 14

Flat roof insulation

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Angela M | Nov 22, 13

Roof insulation

In GBA Pro help | Asked by Steven Clark | Oct 24, 14

Add R-14 Roxul between the garage attic and the house?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Mike Lucas | Oct 23, 14