New Construction Venting, 2:12 metal shed roof at wall?

Planning my new home construction. Modern design 2:12 metal standing seam shed roofs.
Zone 5/B dry R-38 minimum, I want more. + Can get 4' snow.

All 3 roofs will include TJI's running full length from eve to top. 5/8" CDX sheathing, 30# roofing felt with Gracy's Ice & water shield at eves.

Center great room/ kitchen (36' deep x 28' wide) will be18' high at front of house & 12' at rear, easiest to vent.

Both bedroom wing roofs will slope away from the center great room. They will both join onto the outside walls of the great room below its 2' overhanging roof.

My concern is venting this low slope to wall intersection. I have googled & found several designs that would work if a bunch of snow was not piled up on them.

I'm thinking of building 1.5" verticle vent chutes into the exterior of the walls up to the soffits.

Ideas?

Asked by james patrick
Posted Jan 23, 2013 3:41 PM ET

1.

James,
Choose one of the commercial products designed for venting shed roofs that die into walls -- or design an unvented roof.

For information on insulating an unvented cathedral roof, see How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

Posted Jan 23, 2013 4:33 PM ET

Insulating existing steel frame house

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by user-6976262 | Dec 18, 17

How do I insulate brick wall from the heated side of house?

In GBA Pro help | Asked by Daniel Hall | Dec 17, 17

Thermosiphon vs. Recirculating Pump

In Mechanicals | Asked by Norman Bunn | Dec 18, 17

Mini Split and Range Hood

In General questions | Asked by Bryan56 | Dec 18, 17

Are there any examples of Joe Lstiburek's Ideal Double-Stud Wall in the wild?

In Green building techniques | Asked by Brendan Albano | Dec 16, 17