GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Well I found a blog from you guys on the net now that I’ve joined I can’t access it. Why?

Naracermcb | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

It’s about super therm and that all out attack that the blog went on. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything about them using that to insulate the inside of a house. Everything they say is to put on the outside to block the sun. Attacking it saying its a bad product is wrong and ignorant. The man that decided to do the inside and outside of his house is a fool. It is only to be applied to the outside wall and roof of your home that’s it. Common sense should dictate that ceramics in anything are not designed to hold heat but to make a barrier. You coat the outside and insulate the inside so your insulation traps and holds the heat needed and the outside blocks everything that’s unwanted. Every video I’ve found of licensed installers only apply it to the outside and even their own statements are to apply to the outside. So attacking it as being bad is becoming of this site.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Nathan,
    I'm sorry to hear about your problem accessing the GBA site. Thanks very much for reporting it.

GBA has a persistent software glitch that we’ve haven’t yet been able to correct, although we are continuing to work on the problem. I have just performed a maneuver called “rebuilding permissions” that usually solves the problem, at least temporarily. Please try again; the site should be working now.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |