0 Helpful?

What ton AC unit do you use for a residential house measuring 3,500 sq. ft.?

Have an inspector who told me i have to have post manual J calculations for the house, and i need some help!,

Asked by Tirso Torales
Posted Nov 2, 2012 12:17 PM ET
Edited Nov 2, 2012 1:13 PM ET


1 Answer

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Your building inspector is right. If you don't know how to perform a Manual J calculation, you'll have to hire an energy consultant or a HERS rater to perform the calculation for you.

Here is some more information on Manual J calculations and cooling load calculations:

Saving Energy With Manual J and Manual D

Calculating Cooling Loads

Answered by Martin Holladay, GBA Advisor
Posted Nov 2, 2012 12:44 PM ET

Other Questions in General questions

Rhode Island remodel

In General questions | Asked by Ben Balcombe | May 5, 15

Relative humidity conundrum

In General questions | Asked by Chris Simmons | May 5, 15

Deciding between power vent and chimney water tank

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Alan B | May 4, 15

XPS foam on basement wall with no sill plate gasket

In General questions | Asked by Tracy Burcin | May 5, 15

Spray foam covers entire 2x4 on roof truss...bad?

In General questions | Asked by Mark Helmrich | May 4, 15
Register for a free account and join the conversation

Get a free account and join the conversation!
Become a GBA PRO!