Need help deciding where to install Panasonic FV-04VE1 ERV in new house

Need help deciding where to install Panasonic FV-04VE1 ERV in new house. ~1650 sq ft. open living room/dining/kitchen. Also plan on installing a second Panasonic ERV in the basement but that is easier. Any help deciding where to install my main floor ERV would be much appreciated. Floor plan attached. Thanks.

floorplan.pdf656.67 KB
Asked by Patrick Schoolen

1.

Patrick,
Obviously, it's up to you. But I suggest that you install it in the ceiling at the very end of the hallway, right where the hallway meets the kitchen.

2.

What is going in the bathrooms?

To me the bathrooms are enough. Unless your home is extremely airtight.

Fan noise needs to be accounted for too.

River song had the best plan. Passive air inlets in bedrooms, then they could feed a standard Panasonic in the bathroom.

No noise, and outside air to sleep to.

Edited Tue, 11/06/2012 - 10:11.

3.

I should add that the ceiling in the living room/kitchen/dining is vaulted. Panasonic bath fans going in both bathrooms. They will run as needed.

Martin, your suggestion is exactly what I was thinking before posting this question. I wanted to ask you pros here because I wanted to make sure I wasnt missing a more ideal place and I wanted to make sure I will be getting enough air exchange with the bedrooms where of course we spend 8 or so hours a day.

I appreciate the feedback and hope everyone posts some more opinions and advice. Thanks.

Answered by Patrick Schoolen