GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

The video of the “three old hippies” panel discussion

Martin Holladay | Posted in General Questions on

In early November 2012, I published a report on the Passive House New England symposium at U Mass Boston.

The video of the panel discussion (moderated by Jesse Thompson, and featuring three speakers described as “old hippies”) has been released.

The GBA article has been updated to include the video, which features Adam Cohen, Marc Rosenbaum, and me.

See it here: Passivhaus Practitioners Share Their Success Stories.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    Dana Dorsett | | #1

I liked Marc Rosenbaum's final comments (at the end of part-III) about quality & beauty over size or raw $/foot size as part of the package for making high-efficiency housing more compelling to the buyer. An efficient but boring shoebox may be more affordable, but convincing those who might otherwise spend their bigger money on a code-min McMansion to go with something truly elegant (but smaller and more efficient) makes a bigger impact on the world.

Thanks for posting the update!

dana

2. homedesign | | #2

Several more Videos from the Symposium at this playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNdwPl6AAEG1mJYQxIMkpKz_aS9AevYZS

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |