GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

I am signed in, but each time I try to get a subject I get “access denied” I was on a page about fiberglass windows and when I went to the next page it was denied.

tim9747 | Posted in General Questions on

please instruct

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Tim,
    I'm sorry to hear about your problem accessing the GBA site. GBA has a persistent software glitch that we’ve haven’t yet been able to correct, although we are continuing to work on the problem. I have just performed a maneuver called “rebuilding permissions” that usually solves the problem, at least temporarily. Please try again; the site should be working now.

Again, please accept my apologies.

2. user-1135248 | | #2

It appears pretty reliable that by some time every Sunday if not
    before, GBA has gone tango uniform because nobody's around to kick
    the database over the weekend. I know you guys are trying to fix
    the issue but whatever they've been doing in this regard for what,
    a year now doesn't seem to be helping.

Are there any lessons you can take from FHB, another arm of
    Taunton, whose online presence seems much more solid? Is its
    setup different enough that it would somehow not be compatible
    with GBA's needs?

_H*

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Hobbit,
    Believe it or not, I work 7 days a week. Every Saturday and Sunday morning, I fix the problems with the website -- delete spam and "rebuild permissions." As long as my other weekend activities don't prevent me from working, I also try to perform these activities on weekend afternoons. In spite of these attentions, there are inevitably some hours when GBA doesn't get as much attention from me as the site deserves.

Like you, I earnestly hope that Taunton is able to fix these problems soon. The latest suggested completion date for the website fixes is the last week of March 2014.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |