GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Does any one know of companies that will sell insulated glazing units alone in the PNW?

Dayton | Posted in General Questions on

I am converting my unattached garage to a work shop, and for fun want to make the windows myself.
Looking for double pane IGU’s to purchase in PNW. Any info/advice greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dave

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. STEPHEN SHEEHY | | #1

I did the same thing about 40 years ago. Before Google! Check out any local glass place, which should be able to obtain any size and shape.

2. davidmeiland | | #2

Almost any lumber yard, window dealer, or glass shop can order IG units for you. Be prepared to specify overall thickness, glass thickness, tempered if needed, color of spacer bar, clear or low-e, gas fill, etc.

3. Dayton | | #3

Lumber yards and glass shops, that's great. Not sure why, but I just assumed it would be harder to buy them separately than that. Thanks for the info.

4. Ikillyou | | #4

Go for the glass shops not the lumber yards.

John

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |