GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

NuLEDs or Lotus Ultra Slim LEDs?

user-4405197 | Posted in General Questions on

Has anyone inquired or used NuLEDs in a residential project? They are the lighting over Ethernet system that was talked about on here a while back. I messaged them but haven’t heard back.

Home

Also, I was curious if anyone has had luck with the low profile Lotus LED can lights, or something similar. I was looking to use them in my 2×4 furred down service area under my ceiling air barrier.

Lotus Led Lights

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Rob Myers | | #1

Hi Brian,
    Can't say that I have a lot of experience but I obtained a few 6" round Lotus lights to test before committing to a larger purchase. They are very well built and tidy to install. I was very impressed with how bright and even the lighting was (I preferred the warm white). The improvement in illumination compared to an MR16 LED of the same rated output was fairly astounding. I will be purchasing a quantity of the Lotus fixtures for my house.

2. user-4405197 | | #2

Thanks Rob. I was hoping someone on here would be familiar with the Lotus lights. The power over Ethernet NuLEDS seem really cool but maybe because of cost they are only suited for larger facilities. It would be interesting to see if anyone had experience with them.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |