Is there a detail drawing on how to install cast natural stones over 2 layers of 1 inch rigid foam with 1x4 vert. fur strips?

i have a split level home and under the cantilever portion of house was going to install the stone rock. the rest of the house has fiber cement siding .with two ,one inch layers of rigid foam

Asked by richard friend
Posted Nov 17, 2012 1:59 PM ET
Edited Nov 18, 2012 5:48 AM ET

1.

Richard,
First of all, I'm a little confused as to what type of material you are using. Are you talking about natural stone or "cast stone" (concrete)? It can't be both.

Your question was recently discussed in another thread. I suggest you read that thread:
Best details for thin stone veneer exterior wall.

Here is a GBA detail for stone veneer with an air space over 1.5 inch of rigid foam, using adjustable veneer ties: http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/cad/detail/plan-detail-stone-veneer-...

If you still have questions after looking at the detail and reading the other Q&A thread, feel free to post them here.

Posted Nov 18, 2012 5:43 AM ET
Edited Nov 18, 2012 6:01 AM ET.