GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Alternative for White Kraft Faced Foamboard

skolletzki | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

Hello, we currently are using 1/2″x4’x8′ White Kraft Faced Foamboard. I would like to use a environmently friendly product. Does any one know of an alternative for this product. We use it to pack doors for protection. Let me know. thanks.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Susan,
    Cardboard?

2. skolletzki | | #2

Are you saying to use cardboard or asking if I am currenlty using cardbroad?

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Susan,
    I'm suggesting it. The question mark is an indication of my uncertainty as to whether the cardboard would provide enough protection. You can always use multiple layers of cardboard if you feel it might be necessary.

4. Expert Member
    Dana Dorsett | | #4

Very low density EPS is more environmentally friendly now than it was before the Montreal Protocol. Even virgin-stock paper/cardboard can have a higher lifecycle greenhouse gas footprint (though none of the disposal issues of polystyrene.) "Egg crate" packing materials using reclaimed/recycled paper fiber are pretty low impact though.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |