Solar roof shingles

Why does your search engine produce a "no result found" response to my "solar roof shingles" inquiry? Really, no such thing as solar roof shingles?

Maybe you could send me info and links or contacts for sourcing the highest tech versions or what I know exists :solar roof shingles. I hear the The Japanese are producing a super efficient version.

Where can I find the most efficient solar roof shingles? Tech features, product sourcing, installation techniques?

Asked by david clerk
Edited Mon, 01/06/2014 - 16:44

1.

David,
Many manufacturers of photovoltaic roofing shingles have entered the market and then gone bankrupt or stopped production.

The two major manufacturers in the market in the U.S. at this time are Dow Solar, the manufacturer of Powerhouse shingles, and CertainTeed, the manufacturer of the EnerGen Photovoltaic Roof System and Apollo shingles.

You can read about all of these products on GBA in this article: New Green Building Products — February 2012.

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by maggie wilbur | Apr 19, 14
In Mechanicals | Asked by Kent Jeffery | Apr 16, 14
In General questions | Asked by RobertBolf RobertBolf | Apr 20, 14
In Mechanicals | Asked by Peter L | Apr 19, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Erik Schmitt | Apr 19, 14