0 Helpful?

Where can I get the yellow mesh product in this picture or do you recommend anything else for the air gap?


You quoted an article (Mind the gap eh!) that has this product in it. When I google search, I cannot find it. Can you tell me the name of the product and where to purchase? I am starting my project his Monday.
I am not able to paste the picture here, but here is the link to the article from building science corporation.


Any other recommendations you have would be great. I am a home owner/teacher and these are my summer plans

project plan from inside out:
I have re-purposed rigid foam Insulation from a re-roofing job at the school I work at. 1.5" thick poly Iso with black paper on either side. Its in good shape. No water or mold.
step 1. Fill stud bays (2x4) from the outside while re-siding with James Hardie lap siding for existing part of home with the rigid foam. Plan to double them to the full thickness of the studs and backfil edges with a froth pack from Foam it Green.
Step 2. 7/16 OSB as per Hardie best practices
Step3. Tyvek Homewrap
Step 4. Rainscreen either 3/4" furring or 3/8" yellow mesh that I'm looking for in the orifginal question.
I prefer the air gap so I dont have to do all of the following:
- extend windows and trim inside
- extend service panel: would be costly as the supply line is to short.
Step 5. Trim boards and Hardie install.

Thanks in advance,

Asked by frost patrick
Posted Jun 12, 2014 12:47 PM ET
Edited Jun 12, 2014 2:40 PM ET


2 Answers

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

The yellow plastic mesh is almost undoubtedly Home Slicker. It is manufactured by Benjamin Obdyke.

Here is a link to the product web page:

For more information on rainscreen gaps, see All About Rainscreens.

Answered by Martin Holladay
Posted Jun 12, 2014 2:39 PM ET
Edited Jun 12, 2014 2:44 PM ET.


It always pains me to hear of people who have perfectly good sheets of rigid foam, and who decide to cut the foam into narrow strips and insert the strips between studs instead of installing the uncut foam sheets as a continuous layer on the exterior side of their wall sheathing. By cutting the rigid foam into strips, you are ensuring that your wall will have thermal bridging at every stud, rather than a continuous layer of rigid foam to interrupt thermal bridging.

But I know what you mean about details around the windows.

Answered by Martin Holladay
Posted Jun 12, 2014 2:46 PM ET

Other Questions in Green products and materials

Vapor Permeance of thick foam sheathing and board seams

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Sash057 | Jun 18, 18

Plumbing too close to edge of slab

In Project management | Asked by Hugh Stearns | Jun 18, 18

HVAC duct size versus grille size

In Mechanicals | Asked by Richt1022 | Jun 18, 18

Exterior vs Interior blinds

In Mechanicals | Asked by Trevor Lambert | Jun 18, 18

Ceiling insulation for a room addition to my house

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Howard Gentler | Jun 16, 18
Register for a free account and join the conversation

Get a free account and join the conversation!
Become a GBA PRO!