GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Costs and performance characteristics for gas boilers and absorption chillers

CalBungMelb | Posted in Mechanicals on

Hi,

I’m doing some research comparing various technology solutions for heating and cooling.

What I’m lacking is cost curves and performance characteristics for gas boilers and absorption chillers. I would like to have the costs and efficiencies for condensing and non-condensing gas boilers at, say, 50kW, 100kW, 200kW, 500kW and 1MW. And costs and efficiencies for single-effect absorption chillers at, say, a couple of hundred kW cooling capacity upwards.

I’ve found some data on gas boiler costs in some UK references but only for a small number of sizes.

If anyone could point me at more complete references I would be most grateful

Thanks

David

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

David Coote,
    I suggest that you contact commercial boiler manufacturers and commercial chiller manufacturers. You might also contact a contractor familiar with large commercial projects.

This website focuses on residential construction. Most projects discussed on the GBA site need heating systems in the range of 4 kW to 10 kW -- not 500 kW or 1 MW.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |