GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

New Mitsubishi Hyper Heat multi splits have finally arrived

mackstann | Posted in Mechanicals on

I was having a discussion with someone on reddit and they mentioned having a MXZ-3C24NAHZ model recommended by a contractor, which I had never seen before. Googled it and, lo and behold, I find documents published just a couple months ago (like this one) describing a whole new line of Hyper Heat multi splits, sized from 20,000 BTU/hr through 48,000, and supporting 2 to 8 indoor units. HSPF rating is generally in the 9 to 11 range.

I’ve seen rumors that such units were coming “soon” and it seems they have finally (almost) arrived. acwholesalers.com lists the 3C24NAHZ for sale with a ship date of “Spring 2015”. This is a pretty big deal because up until now, you could either get Hyper Heat, or multi splits, but not both.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. wjrobinson | | #1

Nick, thank you for posting this information for the large capacity hyper heat mini splits

2. gusfhb | | #2

Will have to wait and see what the whole packages cost, but over 3 grand for just the compressor, as with all the multi unit systems, it seems only to make sense if you have no place to put multiple compressors

3. norm_farwell | | #3

I like the multi-head option and larger capacity, but there's a bit of a hit in performance compared to the single zone FH units. Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF) tops out at 11 on the new MXZ-C's versus 12-13.5 on the FHs, and SEER is lower too (18 or so) especially against the FH09's 30.5.

4. wjrobinson | | #4

Someone said the Fujitsu is the best single head.... I want the best. Someone post such.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |