GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Good source for Acoustical Sealant?

jbmoyer | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

Anyone know where I can purchase Tremco Acoustical Sealant for a good price?

Everywhere I look its going for about $16 per 30 oz tube!

I can get OSI Draft and Acoustical sealant for $6 per 30 oz tube from a local supplier.

Does anyone has any experience with the OSI brand?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. user-954346 | | #1

I used OSI acoustical sealant for my attic airsealing. I was pleased with it. When the air temp gets below 40F it is hard to work with as the label warns. I bought it through my local lumber yard, Fullerton Lumber. I live in southeast SD. Paid less than $5 for 29oz tube.

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Brett,
    In the past, I've bought Tremco sealant from Energy Federation Inc. (www.efi.org), although they don't publish their Tremco prices online.

You can get Tremco sealant from BetterEnergyStore for $10.82 per tube -- here is the link:
    http://www.betterenergystore.com/productpage.asp?p=130

3. homedesign | | #3

I have been wondering how the price of acoustical sealant compared to the price of EPDM gaskets.
    For instance for the purpose of AirTightDrywall.
    I seem to remember the gaskets to be about 50cents a linear foot.
    does this sound right?

Brett(or anyone)... do you have any idea how many linear feet of sealant per 30oz tube?

4. user-723121 | | #4

Try S&S Sales Corp. in Bloomington, MN, they carry all of the Tremco products at a good price.

952-884-2760

5. user-939142 | | #5

OSI also has a green series of acoustical sealant now too that any hardware store carrying OSI products should be able to order if they don't have it. it is around the $6 per tube in cases

6. user941025 | | #6

... Hey, thanks, Doug--you're not kidding.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |