GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Insulation seasonal room

Jsantosjr | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I have a outside deck that I recently enclosed. The deck has a fiberglass surface, which is now my roof ceiling. I poured a concrete floor and installed radiant tubing to attach to existing home system.
How should I insulate? Do I need to install baffles in ceiling, before insulating, or can do without. My house is spray foam and no baffles were used. I am not doing spray because to small for contractors to come out.
Any ideas

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Joe,
    I can't tell from your description what kind of a ceiling assembly you are talking about. Are your rafters level or sloped?

It sounds like you want to build an insulated roof assembly. This article should answer your questions: How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |