GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Insulation seasonal room

Jsantosjr | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I have a outside deck that I recently enclosed. The deck has a fiberglass surface, which is now my roof ceiling. I poured a concrete floor and installed radiant tubing to attach to existing home system.
How should I insulate? Do I need to install baffles in ceiling, before insulating, or can do without. My house is spray foam and no baffles were used. I am not doing spray because to small for contractors to come out.
Any ideas

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Joe,
    I can't tell from your description what kind of a ceiling assembly you are talking about. Are your rafters level or sloped?

It sounds like you want to build an insulated roof assembly. This article should answer your questions: How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |