Access denied

I asked a question. Got an email saying I got some responses, clicked the email link, was able to view the responses.

I answered the responsed, got another email saying I got another response, clicked that link, now it says 'access denied'

Went to home page, clicked 'show all questions'/'general questions', says 'access denied'.

What is the problem ? I read where the Q&A section is free.

Jim Wright

Asked by Jim Wright
Posted May 16, 2014 12:00 AM ET
Edited May 16, 2014 6:05 AM ET

1.

Jim,
I'm sorry to hear about your problem accessing the GBA site. GBA has a persistent software glitch that we’ve haven’t yet been able to correct, although our tech team is continuing to work on the problem. I have just performed a maneuver called “rebuilding permissions” that usually solves the problem, at least temporarily. Please try again; the site should be working now.

Again, please accept my apologies. If you have problems in the future, or have any other questions about this issue, please contact GBA's customer service department.

Posted May 16, 2014 6:04 AM ET

2.

Martin , this needs to be fixed if this site is to have any future at all now,
imagine how many newcomers get lost after hitting the problem pages a few times.
It's been what? 6 months+ ??
I still cannot access GBA 8 out of 10 times from home.

Answered by Jin Kazama
Posted May 17, 2014 1:30 AM ET

3.

Jin,
I have no control over the pace at which Taunton Press is addressing this problem, unfortunately. I have exhausted my options for communicating my feelings on the issue. I offer, once again, my sincere apologies to GBA readers.

Again, I suggest that GBA readers with access problems contact our customer service department.

Posted May 17, 2014 6:22 AM ET