GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Still getting ‘Access Denied’. Jim Wright

user-959871 | Posted in General Questions on

Still getting the ‘Access Denied’ message on the ‘Q&A’ section.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Jim,
    Have you contacted our customer service department?
    By email: [email protected]
    By phone: 866-325-2558

2. user-959871 | | #2

Yes, by email.

3. kyeser | | #3

This site is moody. I used to get annoyed when I would get the often "access denied" now I just breathe deep, wait a day and usually the next time I try to log on I have full access. I was kind of figuring I kept getting the access denied because the site was under daily maintenance but I am not so sure.

4. PAUL KUENN | | #4

Jim, you're certainly not the only one. I'm a paid member and have to deal with it sometimes 3x a week. Martin, you really need to fix this or will anyone want to keep paying for a site they can't read?

Please, get this fixed for ALL of us!
    Thanks,
    PK

5. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #5

Paul,
    I have no control over the pace at which Taunton Press is addressing this problem, unfortunately. I have exhausted my options for communicating my feelings on the issue. I offer, once again, my sincere apologies to GBA readers.

Again, I suggest that GBA readers with access problems contact our customer service department.

6. gusfhb | | #6

This is by far the worst message board software I have ever seen. No other site i frequent has any of the issues associated with this site, ever.

It is down pretty much every weekend and often during the week. It is slow when it is working It will randomly have me fill out security steps to post.

Introduce them to vbulletin fer cryin out loud

For a site with such high quality content to be hosted in such a fashion is a travesty

7. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #7

Keith,
    Please let Taunton Press know about your problems.

Please use the contact information below:
    By email: [email protected]
    By phone: 866-325-2558

8. user-1135248 | | #8

I've asked for a solid technical contact within Taunton who can
    speak to this, before getting into any details. When the *paying*
    customers start waving their pitchforks and torches and it drags on
    for over a year, that makes them look profoundly bad and undeservedly
    tars Martin with the same brush. Taunton obviously *has* the technical
    capability to set things right, as FHB [for example] seems to be nice
    and solid, and inadequate support for a popular and *revenue-generating*
    resource is distinctly unprofessional on their part.

I expect they'll just blow me off, though. Who the heck am I.

_H*

9. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #9

It's ridiculous that Martin is left trying to host a site with these problems. Taunton as a history of poor on-line decisions, having botched their Breaktime switch from Delphi and showing a complete lack of concern when the community complained. I thought they had learned from their mistakes but the lack of action on the problems here shows otherwise.

10. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #10

Hobbit,
    If you do manage to get a response could you please post it here so we know where they stand?

11. BillDietze | | #11

All,
    My favorite is the pop-up request to participate in an on-line survey concerning the GBA website that automatically tells me that I can't participate in the survey.

Everybody call or email Taunton! please.

12. jonahgriffith | | #12

Sad to say that I cancelled my paid membership. I was just too fed up, like the rest of you. I will try to convey this to the Taunton customer service. Great articles, people, just a shame about the site.

13. ricoball | | #13

Jim, this has been going on for at least the year+ that I've been a member. The response to my complaints has always been, "We're working on it; it will be fixed soon." Months, in website time is not soon. Now, Martin isn't even willing to guess that Taunton is working on it or that it will be fixed "soon". Probably one of the finest families of magazines that there is and they host a barely functional website!

14. user-1135248 | | #14

I don't know if it's worth adding to this thread as it's
    probably already so buried nobody will see it, but I did get
    a response back from Taunton's "VP Product Engineering".
    I'll let Martin forward the details if he's so inclined,
    as he was CCed on it. They evidently do feel responsible
    for providing an "exceptional website" and are targeting
    mid-June to have the new one up and running.

Hopefully it won't break all the external links that point
    to GBA posts, as there must be thousands of them by now.

_H*

15. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #15

Hobbit,
    I've been given the same date that was shared with you in the e-mail you received. The team at Taunton says that the new website, with glitches gone, will be launched in mid June. I'm crossing my fingers.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |