Marc Rosenbaum will offer another online course

Marc Rosenbaum will offer his 10-week online course on Net Zero Energy Homes again, beginning on March 11.

Marc sent me an e-mail:

"The inaugural Zero Net Energy Homes online course had 50 students and was a great learning experience! We’re doing it again starting March 11th.

"It's a packed 10 weeks, and includes a bunch of Excel calculators so folks can do a simple heat loss; calculate frame assembly thermal bridges; estimate hot water energy requirements; calculate the solar gain through the glazing; and do a simple annual energy calculation in order to size the PV system. In the videos I cover energy, heat transfer, moisture, thermal bridges, superinsulated construction, ventilation and heating/cooling, DHW, solar thermal and solar electricity. A course syllabus with the videos, reading, resources, and homework is attached.

As a bonus, enrolling in the course includes a membership in NESEA, and discounted admission to BE 2013 (I hope to see you there!)"

The cost of the course is $895.

For more information on the course, visit Zero Net Energy Homes.

Asked by Martin Holladay, GBA Advisor

1.

I took the fall class. Well worth it. Tons of great content. Marc really knows his stuff.

Answered by Jesse Smith