Helpful? 0

Window incentives / rebates?

Anyone know of any federal rebates or incentives for changing out old leaky windows for some new energy efficient windows?

Asked by Peter L
Posted Fri, 03/28/2014 - 00:05
Edited Fri, 03/28/2014 - 05:16


2 Answers

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Helpful? 0

As far as I know, the federal energy-efficiency tax credit for homeowners (the one that applied to certain types of residential HVAC equipment, water heaters, windows, doors, roofing, insulation, and air sealing equipment) expired at the end of 2013.

To find information on all relevant incentive programs -- including not only federal programs, but also state and local programs -- visit the DSIRE website.

Here are links to two sites with further information:

2012–2013 Tax Credit for ENERGY STAR Qualified Windows, Doors and Skylights

Energy Tax Credits and the Fiscal Cliff

Answered by Martin Holladay, GBA Advisor
Posted Fri, 03/28/2014 - 05:04
Edited Fri, 03/28/2014 - 09:53.

Helpful? 0

Not federal, but check with your utility company for rebate programs.

Answered by David Meiland
Posted Fri, 03/28/2014 - 09:48

Other Questions in Green products and materials

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by david chinn | Jul 27, 14
In General questions | Asked by Robert Shelton | Jul 25, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Noah Byler | Jul 23, 14
In Green building techniques | Asked by Kevin Hardy | Jul 26, 14
In GBA Pro help | Asked by mark godfrey | Jul 26, 14
Register for a free account and join the conversation

Get a free account and join the conversation!
Become a GBA PRO!