GBA’s library of articles and blogs continues to expand. The newest article to be added to the ever-deeper GBA Encyclopedia covers water-resistive barriers (WRBs).
The article pulls together a great deal of information on WRBs, including:
- Code requirements for WRBs, including a curious requirement to use a roofing product on walls.
- A discussion of the differences between perforated and non-perforated housewraps.
- Information on housewrap-damaging chemical extractives that leach out of cedar siding.
- The scoop on liquid-applied WRBs.
- The advantages and disadvantages of Zip System sheathing.
- A caveat on Delta-Dry: the product isn’t approved for use as a WRB.
Click here to see the new article on water-resistive barriers.
Subscribe to GBA to enjoy all of the benefits of GBA Pro membership
While some of the articles in the Encyclopedia — for example, the article on Exterior Walls — are available to all readers, others (including the new article on Water-Resistive Barriers) are available only to GBA Pro members.